[Foundation-l] First Past the Post

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed May 12 03:42:03 UTC 2004

Imran and I have discussed this. It seems that most people who have spoken
out are opposed to First Past the Post as our voting system. We selected this
because it seemed the easiest for everyone to understand and implement, and with
the understanding that there will be opposition. In fact, I believe that no
matter what voting system is chosen, there will be opposition to it.

On the other hand, we are willing to consider other methods. Imran will be
posting on this later. Without having a huge vote on how we should vote, I would
like to invite people on this list to propose alternative methods. I will
also pose this same question to the candidates themselves.

This is not a commitment to change the current system--only to examine other
options. Your comments are welcome either here or at WikiElections at aol.com,
where they will be accessible to Imran and me only.

Thank you.

Danny