[Foundation-l] Funding for the newly elected Board Members

hcheney hdcheney at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 19 04:55:13 UTC 2004

If the Wikimedia Foundation starts giving the trustees
"perks" I feel that fundraising could be quite a bit
harder. Instead of making international phone call,
can't voice over IP be used? From an accounting
perspective, would the trustees be required to
reimburse the foundation for personal internet usage
on the foundation's broadband account?

I very strongly oppose this proposal. Maybe we could
focus on cost controls instead?

A cost saving, and confidence building measure I would
like to see is the trustees having their meeting in
IRC  and releasing the minutes to donors or the
public. Not only would this save international
airfare, lodging, dining, etc - it would provide more
transparentcy.

--H. Cheney