[Foundation-l] User Rights

Corey Burger cburger at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Jun 17 22:20:35 UTC 2004

The thought about editors got me thinking about User rights while
still maintaining a wiki. So here is my proposal, for all to bash:

Key Rights:
Anons will always be able to edit existing article, period

User name rights:
Users can always edit pages
After (a period of time, I choose an arbitrary one say 1 week), users can
move pages and create new pages

Thus Anons cannot move or create new pages, which from my New Page watch
would probably be a good thing.

Now, yes we are restricting anon access, which is very unwiki, but they
can still edit articles, just some of the more destructive things they
could do couldn't happen.

Just my thoughts,

Corey Burger aka Burgundavia