[Foundation-l] announcement: german wikimedia association (verein) founded

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 03:03:59 UTC 2004

Delirium wrote:
> I'd personally prefer if important things, like votes for
> foundations, not take place at "in-person" meetings, because not all of
> us have sufficient funds to attend such meetings.  Internet elections
> are much more inclusive.

I don't believe on-line voting is legal in all countries, so it may
not be possible for all of the Wikimedia chapters to do this. I do
think that postal voting should usually be made available though, and
the recently formed  German Wikimedia Association certainly allows for
this. § 8.2 of the Verein's bylaws
(http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vereinssatzung) state that
when elections are taking place, the possibility of voting remotely
must be given to the members (by post or fax as far as I could tell).

Elisabeth Bauer wrote:

> On sunday 13th of June German wikipedians founded a local wikimedia
> association in Berlin.

Congratulations again to everyone elected, and to all those who worked
so hard in getting this set up.

Angela.