[Foundation-l] Election results?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Jun 15 09:24:55 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>--- Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>

>>The bylaws say that the Board can do whatever it wants. However an
>>ad-hoc interpretation of the voting results after the vote has concluded
>>would hardly fill me with confidence. If you want a 6th board member,
>>have another vote, with well-defined rules.
>>

>If there is a consensus to do this, then there is no need for another vote.

Well, since I agree with Tim's viewpoint, it would seem there is not a
consensus, as a quick head-count indicates 3 people who've said they
think it's a good idea, and 2 who've said they don't.

If the board wants to appoint a sixth member unilaterally, it of course
has the power to change the bylaws to do so, but votes shouldn't be
interpreted based on criteria set *after* the voting took place.

-Mark