[Foundation-l] Wikimedia board of trustees / La fondation Wikimédia

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 05:27:14 UTC 2004

Hello dear all,

I’d like to close these elections by making a few
comments, some of them for the past (thoughts on these
elections), some for the future.

quelques commentaires....

Merci à Danny et Imran pour avoir fait du bon boulot
dans l'organisation des élections.

First, I’d like to thanks Danny and Imran, who, to my
opinion, handled this election well. They were
helpful, without being heavy, without being strict
:-). Organising it all certainly took a good bunch of
hours to both of them, and was a bit tough on them
sometimes, so I would really like that we are thankful
to them that all went well.
On top of it, Danny had to take care of my questions,
comments and worries during all the election time, so
I would like to give him a particular thank you note
for being so patient and caring :-)

Merci à Tim Starling également :-)

Second, I’d like to thank Tim, for the neat voting
option he set for this election :-) I think it a very
good tool for wikimedia-wide decision making. It is
great that all results are displayed on all wikis,
that we can confortably vote locally, that
translations could be provided and so on. Good job :-)

Merci bien sur à tous ceux qui m'ont soutenu.

Third, I would like to thank the numerous wikimedians
who offered me their support. It is really warming me
up. Now, there really is a lot to do, and I hope Angel
and I will help you to achieve our common dream. As
usual, it is a team work, and I would like to remind
you, that we will be here to represent all of you. We
won't be there to decide instead of you. We are all
part of a really great project, and everyone has room
to participate. None of us know everything, but each
of us knows something and can bring his part to the
global scheme.

-----

I’d be happy to suggest an improvement or two for the
next elections :-) But since this mail is long, I will
post them later on the election feedback page.

J'ai quelques suggestions d'amélioration pour de
prochaines élections.  Je les posterais sur meta.

-----

Je suis ravie de l'élection d'Angel. Et puis, deux
femmes au board...

I am very happy that I will have the opportunity to
work with Angel. Well, we already know each other
quite well, from irc discussion, from our implication
in the mediation committee on en, for the time we both
spend on meta, for both being steward and ambassadors.
Though we both have disagreements sometimes, we manage
them.

I am glad the german chapter was created this week
end, and hope the french one will be soon.

A propos d'organisations locales, l'association
germanophone a été fondée ce week end. J'espère que
nous aurons un feedback détaillée, mais je signale en
particulier la nomination de Elian au sein du conseil,
en tant que secrétaire. Pour rappel, Elian parle le
français.
Pour l'association francophone, il est bien entendu
que j'espère sa création sous peu. Je souhaite faire
partie du comité de pilotage, à priori comme simple
membre, à la fois par intérêt propre dans
l'association, et pour aider la création d'autres
associations ultérieurement. J'attend avec impatience
notre rencontre à Paris, avec Jimbo et j'espère, le
plus grand nombre possible de Wikipédiens.

Finally, I would like to repeat something I said on my
candidate statement : " I would like that we build a
Wikimedia-wide culture of love and respect; and,
whoever the candidates elected are, I hope that most
people listed here become active participants of the
Foundation itself." I think each candidate had a
different approach, and these different approaches
hold a great diversity which will greatly benefit the
project. So, I certainly hope and intend to make it
possible, that several of them become heavily
implicated in the Foundation itself.

There is a lot of work to do. And the good news is
that there really is work for every one who feels like
doing something ! We have the members fees system to
organise, copyright issues to fix, fundraising to
develop, quality control to established on print
copies, local chapter setting up, etc...

We need a little bit of time to organise ourselves
with Angela (who is probably on her plane back) and
with Jimbo (now, nearly on holidays but for the french
meeting... Jimbo, you need some real holidays...).

My talk pageS (now, I really need that global watch
list feature :-)) and my mail adress are open to you.
IRC is also a great way to directly discuss. Please do
not hesitate to do so.

Thanks again for your support :-)

Florence/Anthere