[Foundation-l] Re: EasyTimeline and WikiHiero enabled on all wikis

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Wed Jun 9 13:28:13 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller schrieb:
> To my knowledge, MediaWiki is the only wiki software which supports such
> functionality. It should make our wikis interesting even in the highest
> academic circles.

PhpWiki has a ploticus plugin, which can be treated to do the same
thing. Sure, EasyTimeline is better, but I don't like the external
dependency.

We don't use a perl script behind and give the full Ploticus power to
the user. My goal is to simplify the syntax and to do the processing in
php. No seperate requirements (other than ploticus).

png, jpeg, gif.
later: imagemaps, svg, swf. They need a different cache strategy.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.sf.net/