[Foundation-l] Membership fees proposal

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Jul 30 21:13:56 UTC 2004

Arne Klempert wrote:

>On Friday, July 30, 2004 9:17 PM
>Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
>

>>Isn't it possible to do with just a board member vote?  It's not
>>removing any benefits, just adding something like "those who
>>contribute at least $60 get a free mug".
>>

>Sorry, but I don't understand this discussion. People will become a
>member because they want to support fantastic projects and/or because
>they want to be part of a great global movement. IMHO this is more than
>enough - no need to add a - in proportion to this - very poor free mug.

There's nothing wrong with mugs.  They're cheap advertising.  If you
have a visitor serve him coffee in the Wikipedia mug (preferably a
left-handed mug)  With a little luck he may ask about the logo on the
mug.  That will be your opportunity to talk about Wikipedia in the hopes
of snaring another addict.

Ec