[Foundation-l] Membership fees proposal

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Fri Jul 30 15:53:31 UTC 2004

Anthere:
"An interesting comparison would be this one : a french firm already
offered to host 3 or 4 of our servers for free. We will cite this firm
as a sponsor of Wikimedia on the website. How much does hosting 4
servers per year cost ?"

First I withdraw the 'ridiculously", of course such a nice gesture should be
appreciated. My concern was that really large companies would get an almost
free ride. Now if we would publish below the logo what the exact
nature/amount of the gift is, that would help, as I'm sure e.g. IBM would
not want to be listed for $1000. If they wish we could print instead
"unspecified but considerable amount", or something like that, at the
discretion of the board, who can judge if the proposed gift is a worthy
proposition.