[Foundation-l] Re: Membership fees proposal

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 11:04:30 UTC 2004

Erik Zachte wrote:
> On the other hand $500 to $1000 sounds ridiculously low for a company that
> wants to donate. We might offer to add their logo on a sponsor page, but
> that should start at no less than $10,000 IMO. If they want to be recognized
> as sponsors they should have made a real difference.

We had no idea for a price. That amount was suggested by Jimbo. We are
open to suggestions.

An interesting comparison would be this one : a french firm already
offered to host 3 or 4 of our servers for free. We will cite this firm
as a sponsor of Wikimedia on the website. How much does hosting 4
servers per year cost ?