[Foundation-l] fundraising page - shouldn't we note what we are aiming for?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 00:51:28 UTC 2004

--- Marco Krohn <marco.krohn at web.de> wrote on Wikipedia-l:
> Following the first link I would like to suggest changing
> two things:
>
> * there still is a link to Brion Vibbers notebook fund at the very end of the
>
> page. Don't get me wrong, Brion deserves a lot more money than he probably
> gets through donations, but linking to a page which seems to be outdated
> doesn't look good to me.

The link now goes directly to a PayPal payment form instead of Brion's outdated
notebook fund page. I plan to add other developers in that section as well.
More changes and improvements are also planned for the new WMF website that
Brion is helping us set up.

> * the fundraising page doesn't contain information how much money we are
> aiming for. A potential donator would just see that we have ~20 K$ on our
> account and many probably will think "well, they probably have enough money".

That is because
1) We don't have an approved budget
2) This is not a real fund drive (the message is en.wikipedia specific)

Daniel Mayer,
Wikimedia CFO