[Foundation-l] fund drive update - why was the message removed from en.wikipedia?

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:20:42 UTC 2004

Firstly, the next time there is a system-wide message about anything other than
server downtime, armageddon, or imminent confiscation of all WM property
DOWNLOAD LAST DUMPS NOW~   ...  for normal things like fundraising...
can we have a blue border perhaps?  Or anything other than red?

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:54:46 +0100, Angela_ <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Too subtle for a fundraising drive, yes. But we're not currently
> having one of those, so isn't it better than nothing?

How about this:
* Change the color of the "Donations" sidebar link, and bold it
* Add a short, sweet note, perhaps at the bottom:  "Please help keep
this site running!

And finally, what's with the text on the Donations page which says "this is not
a solicitation to make a donation" ?  Is that why some of the "Please
help support us!"
messages are so convoluted?

+ sj -