[Foundation-l] fund drive update - why was the message removed from en.wikipedia?

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 16:59:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:27:54 -0700, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales
<jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> I think what we should do is move the notice toward the bottom of the
> page, and have it read something like this: "If you found this article
> or other Wikipedia articles to be useful to you, please visit our
> <a>donation page</a> to find out how you can help support the
> nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation."

This could be added to [[MediaWiki:Lastmodified]]. I've put a message
at [[MediaWiki talk:Lastmodified]] to check there are no strong
objections and will add the message there if there aren't. See
http://simple.wikipedia.org/ for an example of the message in use.

Angela.