[Foundation-l] fund drive update - why was the message removed from en.wikipedia?

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:36:37 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:28:31 -0700 (PDT), Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could the notice be put back so that most cached pages will have it by the time
> we get Slashdotted? Or was there a decision made somewhere that it should be
> taken down?

The notice was only supposed to be up whilst we were on Slashdot.
Currently we are not there, so the notice was taken down following
some complaints that it had been up for too long. Anthere and I
discussed this and decided it should be removed until Jimbo replies to
the Slashdot interview.

As it was only supposed to be a temporary measure, there is no reason
for it currently to be up. However, perhaps we should consider whether
it needs to be a more permanent measure. If the notice is bringing in
significantly more donations than we normally get, should it be there
permanently, and just made more prominent during the fundraising
drives?

Angela.