[Foundation-l] splitting meta in sub domains

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jul 20 02:17:00 UTC 2004

Anthere-
> Spreading the discussion in 150 subwikis is the
> lose-lose situation.

If there are 150 different active communities with a significant amount of
members who do not speak English, then they should all have a place where
they can discuss policy matters in their language, with a localized UI,
and without interference in many other languages which they don't speak.

See my response to Daniel for how this can be achieved within a single
installation, and how this principle could be applied to Wikipedia,
Wikibooks, Wikisource etc. as well. Either way, we should acknowledge the
need for language-level filtering, and make it a priority to implement
this. That would be a good test case for a bounty system.

Regards,

Erik