[Foundation-l] Wikipedia growth since February 2004 greatly slowed - uh, no

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Jul 16 14:48:59 UTC 2004

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> I won't be surprised if Google comes to us in a years time trying to
> push us into having Google ads.

You seem to be hinting with the word "push" that they would compromise
their editorial integrity in exchange for the opportunity to show ads.
I think that is extraordinarily unlikely.  They are good people.

I think it's much more likely that once they get the Google Foundation
underway, they'll be supporting us financially as a matter of good
will.

(Search the web for "Google Foundation" and you'll see what I mean.)

--Jimbo