[Foundation-l] Why are some replies being directed to wikilegal-l?

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 01:33:49 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

>Walter, I just sent you an answer to your mail posted
>on foundation-l
>
>My mail was send to foundation-l via gname
>
>In case you wonder, the gname also indicates *you* are
>one of those posting to the legal list
>
>just as alterego
>
>and just as michael snow

Sorry, I wasn't aware until now that I was considered part of the
problem. To be honest, I couldn't see what the problem was, as all
messages I saw came from foundation-l, appeared to be sent to
foundation-l, and whenever I send something myself I just click reply,
and that goes to foundation-l too. There was no sign of wikilegal-l
anywhere for me.

 From checking the subscriber list, what all of us have in common is
that we receive the mailing list in digest mode. I'm not sure why this
would cause such a glitch, but from what I know I'm pretty sure it's not
on my end - I'm not sending anything to wikilegal-l, and if I tried I
assume it would get rejected the same as for Anthere. I notice that
Alterego, one of the other people mentioned, wasn't even around for the
existence of wikilegal-l, so there's no reason he would be sending stuff
there. This makes me think the problem is with gmane.

--Michael Snow