[Foundation-l] Re: NEH Grant r?sum?s

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 03:52:46 UTC 2004

In a message dated 7/11/2004 10:52:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wikipedia at earthlink.net writes:
If the author of this email is not willing to even identify themselves
to us, I don't see why any of us would want to send them a résumé. Also,
I can't understand why résumés from bureaucrats would be requested in
this context.
Hi

The author of this email is a relatively new volunteer to Wikipedia, who has
taken on the responsibility of coordinating the CVs. The idea is to send CVs
of staff, i.e., of committed volunteers with some credentials. This would
include the board and developers, but also prominent users. If anyone is
uncomfortable sending this information to him, you may forward it to me. It may now be
too late, though I still hold out hope, however, it is something that other
grants will want too. I can assure you that I will protect your privacy and
foreward the grants directly to whomever is taking care of the particular grants in
question.

For the record, Alterego has told me that he is an American citizen living in
Italy and that he is a journalist. From his impeccable English and his IP, I
have no reason to doubt this, though I can understand people's reluctance to
give personal information away so quickly.

In the event that this information is needed for other grants, you will be
asked again in each instance whether you mind having your name attached to the
grant.

Thanks,

Danny