[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Meeting, 4 July 2004

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 18:32:54 UTC 2004

--- Angela_ <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Wikimedia website
> Global policies, such as privacy and terms of use, will be included on
> this website. While respecting the "wiki way", these will need to be
> approved by the board before they are changed for legal reasons.
>
> The wiki will not be open to anonymous edits and only authorized
> accounts will be opened.

Things like the fundraising page need to use forms in order to work. Securuity
issues are greatly lessoned due to the fact that the website will only allow
edits from pre-screened users. Given that, I think that allowing full HTML on a
sitewise basis will be a good idea. Wiki markup, of course, will be encouraged
where it is possible, but we also need more functionality than a traditional
wiki.

The wiki should also eventually be moved to the wikimediafoundation.org domain
name since;
1) wikimedia.org is easily confused with wikipedia.org
2) we don't own wikimedia.com and some people instinctively always put .com at
the end of urls (this is done for wikipedia all the time).

A distinctive skin should be default (since the site will not be generally
editable, that aspect should be downplayed).

-- mav