[Foundation-l] Wikimedia subscription donation

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 07:42:58 UTC 2004

--- Alan Shields <wikimediafoundation at alan.shields.name> wrote:
> I note on http://wikimediafoundation.org/fundraising that you encourage
> recurring donations. I've searched about but found no mention of where
> to set up a subscription donation, such as through Paypal.
>
> I donate through a Paypal subscription to the FreeNetProject on a
> monthly basis and would like to set up the same for WikiMedia.
>
> I'd post the question to the wiki, but I think this is something that a
> financial admin would have to do, so I'm posting here. Redirect me if
> need be.

Hello Alan -

I've been thinking about doing something like that for some time, but I've held
off so far since I think that we first need to develop a fee structure and
associate that with Wikimedia membership.

In the meantime I will figure out how to do this so that we can implement it as
soon as we figure out how to proceed.

Daniel Mayer,
Wikimedia CFO