[Foundation-l] e-gold proposal

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Thu Dec 16 17:36:49 UTC 2004

On 16 Dec 2004, at 18:12, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

> We also need to try to find out how to get a European bank account so
> that method
> of payment can be done.

Due to me having lived in various EU countries during the past few
years, I am a customer with an Irish, a British and a German bank, all
of whom offer online banking as part of the package. I also regularly
do these newfangled ''EU transactions'', ie. IBAN+BIC transactions,
which per EU law must not cost more than national transactions inside
the bank's country, so they'd be a boon in terms of accepting donations
from inside the EU, especially as eg. Germans commonly don't have
credit cards (for some weird reason they're regarded as snobbish and
elitist in Germany).

Should I make preliminary enquiries and ask them what's required/what's
on offer? Presumably you want a current account in the name of not an
individual person but rather the foundation (if that's possible)?

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com