[Foundation-l] Cutting quotes and other such stuff

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:46:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:05:45 +0100, TOR <tor at oak.rpg.pl> wrote:

> These are general netiquette rules and are to facilitate reading. You
> read form top to bottom, right? That's why it's only logical to have the
> quote first and the reply second. They also keep the size of the posts
> down. Essencially, if you quote the whole post in your reply, you're
> making all the readers download it twice (first the original and then
> it's copy in your reply).

I prefer to have the new text *above* the old one, especially if there
is lots of text quoted. In that case I can read the new text and
ignore the old. Putting it below means I have to go down through the
text to get to the new stuff. I too read from the top to the bottom,
and therefore I would like to have the most important material, being
that material that I have not read yet, at the beginning.

Andre Engels