[Foundation-l] Request for starting Wikicommons

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 23:15:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:10:48 +0000, David Gerard
<fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> On 08/16/04 12:13, Andre Engels wrote:
>
> > Thus, I would ask for the Wiki to be set up, proposed address:
> > commons.wikimedia.org, perhaps with a redirect from commons.wikipedia.org.
>
> Yes please. Seconded. Eagerly awaited.
>
> (I do like the idea of somewhere I can put all the pics of buildings,
> monuments and so on that I took a pic of because I thought they'd be a
> nice idea for Wikipedia if I ever write the article ...)

*AOL*   This would be excellent.

Upload form : The text of the new upload form is available in 8 languages now,
with partial translations into 5 more, although all need to be updated
to conform
to the latest changes to the German original.
   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation/New_upload_form

I don't know who is working on implementing the code changes involved.

 ~sj~