[Foundation-l] Memorial Wiki

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 02:41:06 UTC 2004

--- Angela_ <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this supposed to be at wikipeople.org (which Jimbo registered) or
> wikimorial.org (which mav registered)? Are Wikimorial and
> GlobalFamilyTree supposed to separate projects, or part of the same
> domain? The discussions on Meta do not seem conclusive on this.
>
> *http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimorial
> *http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GlobalFamilyTree

See http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipeople

The different proposals need to be merged - I have not had time to do that yet.
Some people had a strong dislike for the name "Wikimorial" so I'm going to let
that domain name expire. Everybody I'm aware of who commented on the issue
liked or at least could live with the 'Wikipeople' name.

> Also, can whoever has the passwords for these domains please pass them
> on to Tim Starling since nothing can be moved to them without the DNS
> settings be changed.

You'll have to ask Jimbo.

-- mav