[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Foundation Website

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 22:17:22 UTC 2004

--- Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> .... I must remember we have to
> contact the current owner. Would you perhaps do it Mav ? Tell us if you
> do or do not please.

I could, but they will likely want us to pay for the domain name.  I would
prefer if somebody who speaks German fluently could conduct those negotiations.

> I suppose that once the www.wikimedia.org will be a little bit more
> organised and MOSTLY when it will support the fundraising page, we will
> remove the current site at wikimediafoundation.org and move the other one.

Nod. Another thing that should happen is applying the skin that Angela has been
working on.

> I did not remembered that subtility. Well, if protecting ALL pages
> requiring HTML is required for security, we could protect all of them I
> guess.

I don't think it is currently possible to set HTML support based on whether or
not a page is protected. But that would be a very useful thing to have for the
foundation website since then we would not have to worry as much about just who
we allow to have accounts.

Another idea would be to have full HTML support only on templates (if coding
such a thing would be easier to set per namespace). Then HTML support could be
restricted via namespace instead of protection status. I'm  pretty sure that
MediaWiki can already set access permissions based on namespace.

> Which pages do you think will require HTML ?

A set of fundraising pages and also various forms, such as signing up to be a
member or assigning copyright to the foundation, etc.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)