[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation Website

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 18:15:54 UTC 2004

--- Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.wikimedia.org/wiki/Home
>
> Is the address of the new foundation website.

I'm confused. In the meeting we decided to have it at wikimediafoundation.org.
That will happen when the website goes live, right? If this is the plan, then I
support that, but your post was not clear on this point.

Full HTML support is also still needed. Until then I really can't work on
donation pages for that website.

> Some areas will be restricted later on (for example financial reports
> will be protected) and editable only by sysop. For now, nothing is
> protected.

If the whole website will be HTML-enabled, then page protection alone will not
be enough to ensure security. That is unless only protected pages will support
full HTML.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)