[Commons-l] Dream a little...

Fredrik Josefsson fred_chessplayer at yahoo.se
Sun Oct 15 22:03:46 UTC 2006

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> skrev:

> I would like to gather from the community some
> examples of works you
> would like to see made free, works that we are not
> doing a good job of
> generating free replacements for, works that could
> in theory be
> purchased and freed.

How about photos of dead notable people such as
politicians, musicians and scientists (most images of
people living between 1920-1980 are used under "fair
use") ;

of buildings that no longer exists;

historical photos of the past that are released free
*by the copyright owner* (not just "free" as in
published before 1923, or confiscated by the allies
during WWII). Say photos of the Kristallnacht.

Music pieces of groundbreaking artist that are no
longer among us. Say Robert Johnson, Louis Armstrong,
Buddy Holly.

Why not short video footage of important events or
TV-shows? For example an exerpt of "What's My Line?"
(1960) or from the Adam West Batman TV-series
(1967)...

/ Fred-Chess