[Commons-l] Dream a little...

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Oct 15 21:12:12 UTC 2006

For every award winning photo that a photographer takes, there are hundreds
of other photos of that exact event, the minutes leading up to the event, and
the minutes immediately after the event. A photographer will shoot a roll of
film, and the remaining photos, deemed "not quite so good," are put away
forever  in what photo houses and newspapers call the "morgue." These are the
"second-best" images, and the images that did not quite make the light of day
because, although they were good, they were not quite good enough.

Perhaps, instead of getting Corbis's best shots, we should try to liberate
the second-best ones--the ones in the morgue that aren't quite as famous but
could serve our ends as well.

Danny

In a message dated 10/15/2006 3:48:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,