[Commons-l] Ogg Theora is too hard to play. We needYouTube-style Flash streaming video.

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4+news at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:33:50 UTC 2006

On 2006-09-30, Gregory Maxwell
<gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> 1) The majority of video formats used on the web require some degree
> of installation, although some of them can be autodownloaded into
> Windows Media Player
[snip]

Ah, I remember what you mean. Sometimes when you view a file in WMP it
says "Downloading codecs..." for a short time, then the file plays. It's
quite a good system.

How could the Ogg codecs be made auto-downloadable into WMP?

--
The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will
walk carefully.