[Commons-l] Ogg Theora is too hard to play. WeneedYouTube-style Flash streaming video.

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 11:32:04 UTC 2006

So at last it is here? Congratulations!

However...
*It doesn't work for me (start & stop buttons do nothing).
*I can't find how the applet gets the file to play. I guess the above
problem has to do with the applet may need to get passed the file location
on jorbis.player.play.0 instead of
http://tools.wikimedia.de/media/wikipedia//d/d4/
*The link to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_help. is not very useful, it
redirects to [[Wikipedia:Media_help]] where there's no reference to it.
Neither from [[Wikipedia:Media]]
*The page (/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php as per Minh Nguyen msg) shows
too Beta. Not like a finished and usable tool (well, it seems it isn't).

Thanks fo the reference. Java is quite the same as the Flash solutions.