[Commons-l] A guide for projects to turning off local uploads

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 11:35:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

With the recent discussion about the es.wp and pt.wp decisions to turn
off local uploads and use Commons only, I wonder if a page like this
might be useful for the future?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pfctdayelise/Preparing_your_project_for_Commons

Comments & additions welcome as usual, especially from the Spanish
Wikipedia community, who might be able to comment on what works and
what doesn't, and other necessary steps.

BTW I am really happy to see the enthusiastic response from the
discussions, we now have four new native Spanish speaking admin
candidates, and one native Portugese speaking (not to mention two
English, as well :)). They all seem like excellent candidates who are
very keen to help. I certainly hope that at least a few will stick
around after the initial euphoria of a new sysop bit wears off. :)

regards,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise