[Commons-l] Uploading files beyond the size limit

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 14 18:51:09 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Those who have a need to  upload files beyond the current size limit
> may now contact me by e-mail to do so. I have set up an FTP server
> where these files can be uploaded, and will transfer them manually to
> the Wikimedia servers using my shell account. However, I'm currently
> only handing out the FTP access data on request.

I once wrote a function for the upload page where you upload a file by
giving its URL. There were some security concerns about malicious
servers, which I think I fixed, but then, as usual, nothing happened.

Should still be in there, for anyone interested. Lemme see... ah yes;
set $wgAllowCopyUploads=true in LocalSettings, and be done with it.

Magnus