[Commons-l] FW: Commons != kindergarden

peter green plugwash at P10Link.net
Sun Nov 12 17:10:35 UTC 2006

> 2006/11/12, peter green <plugwash at p10link.net>:
> > the way i see it there are three ways out of the situation.
> > 1: spanish wikipedia reenables uploads and goes back to dealing
> with most of thier own copyvio problems.
> > 2: the spanish wikipedia users/admins make a significant effort
> to help deal with the copyvio problems with spanish users on commons.
> > 3: commons adopts and extreme zero tolerance policy towards
> anyone who appears spanish
> >
> > Of the ways out the third option is the least favorable, but it
> is also the only option that can be implemented without your help.
>
> There is 4th way:
>
> 4. Do something with this:
>
> http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Especial:Upload
>
> Do not send people directly on commons - prepare a manual with most
> important informations in Spanish language, that everybody should know
> and write, that if you understand that, you can go to commons (and
> link to commons at this moment, not earlier).
Doing that would still require cooperation from the admins on es, also while it would improve things i'm not convinced it would improve them enough that we would feel comfortable handling them without help (btw how many active spanish admins does commons have at the moment?).

> I think, that 4 is easier than 1,2 and less brutal than 3.
indeed but will it be sufficiant or will people just ignore the documents and find thier own way to commons once they realise that is where they need to go.