[Commons-l] Principles of organisation - who do we serve?

bawolff bawolff+wn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 06:27:17 UTC 2006

Perhaps have some sort of optional field in the registration form,
that says: I come from this wiki project. and if they fill it out, a
bot will copy automatic deletion notices over there too. If they come
to commons:special:userlogin/create_account (or whatever the link is)
from another wiki well logged in, this part of the form can be passed
with get arguments e.g
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/special:userlogin?from=user:enwiki

of course single user login is a better solution, but I see that
happening a long time form now (If it ever happens)
-bawolff