[Xmldatadumps-admin-l] Extracted page abstracts for Yahoo

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 17 18:12:57 UTC 2009

On 9/16/09 7:46 PM, Tomasz Finc wrote:
> Newest changes went out the the latest code update today and were
> generating these properly again.

Yep, we found the cause of the regression in our live deployment while
merging code updates for yesterday's general update.

A fix for obsolete code in one of the data-dump libraries accidentally
caused a database connection to be re-used where it should have been
creating a new one; this was harmless for some cases but caused breakage
in more complex dumps like the abstract dump, which needs to pull
additional queries on individual pages.

The code is now using the proper modern way to open a new database
connection with our DB load-balancing system, and it seems to have fixed
this nicely.

-- brion