[Wiktionary-l] GNU-FDL and Ultimate Wiktionary

Muke Tever muke at frath.net
Mon May 30 05:13:40 UTC 2005

Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> *This division is particularly easy for language independent stuff like
> translations wordtypes genders etc. Meanings and etymologies are more
> personal.

Even most of the etymology can be done automatically, I have been doing
like that on la: by making the etymologies lists, as you might have seen
at http://frath.net/stuff/translatio.gif  ('protogermanic' and 'proto-indo-
european' are not translated though... reconstructed languages don't have
ISO codes).

Certainly annotations to the etymologies will be "more personal", but that
should go equally for annotations to all other information -- assuming,
hopefully, that such are allowed.

	*Muke!
--
website:     http://frath.net/
LiveJournal: http://kohath.livejournal.com/

FrathWiki, a conlang and conculture wiki:
http://wiki.frath.net/