[Wiktionary-l] De-capitalisation-isation

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Jun 21 21:19:55 UTC 2004

Hi all,

last time we discussed this, I think there was consensus to switch the
English Wiktionary to make it stop capitalising article titles, right?

Tim and I discussed this, and I think we should do it soon, because the
longer the wait, the more we will have to fix manually after the switch.

The idea is to
(1) flip the switch (so [[blah]] and [[Blah]] become separate articles)
(2) run a script that renames every page to be lower-case, except for
     those pages that contain their own title in capitalised spelling
(3) create a list of those pages that weren't moved, so we can fix them
     manually (for example, [[Kind]] will need to be split into two).

Ideas? Discussion?

Greetings,
Timwi