[Wiktionary-l] Merry Christmas - Buon Natale!!!!

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Dec 25 16:19:41 UTC 2004

First of all: thank you for all your help and contributions. As Gerard already said: the Christmas project on the Italian wiktionary had quite a lot of response - and even today I am receiving some contributions by members from other mailing lists who whould like to contribute but are worrying to mix up things if they insert contents themselves. So today is quite busy between family and adding Christmas wishes as they arrive.

Just to pass you again the list of relevant links:

Everything started with this sentence:
http://it.wiktionary.org/wiki/Buon_Natale_e_felice_Anno_Nuovo%21
As for the Christmas wishes: we still would like to be sure about the spelling, need writings in proper alphabets (as for example for Arabic),  and of course we need the recordings !!!!! If you don't want to upload them or if you have problems in creating .ogg-files - just send them to me and I'll convert and upload them (this would really be a great Christmas present!)

Than out of this a Terminology-category was created:
http://it.wiktionary.org/wiki/Categoria:Terminologia_natalizia

And the next step (just started) is linking all projects
http://it.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wikizionario:Buon_Natale
I am inserting all links I find and know here - there are quite many others around - maybe you could help with links to wikisource in your language, wikipedia, wikiquote etc.

Please don't forget about the photos you take - they might be somewhat normal for you, but very interesting to many people - just to see how Christmas is alike in many countries - upload them to commons and please, let me know about this - I'll create a special "Christmas around the World" ... really this would be a theme for a complete wiki ... the Christmasedia ;-)

Christmas is a wonderful period - may it be that it is considered from a religious point of view, may it be seen as a "feast of friendship" or may it be seen as an occasion full of wonderful traditions ... have a great Christmas period and see you soon on it.wiktionary!

Again: Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo!!!!!

Sabine

--
Sabine Cretella
s.cretella at wordsandmore.it