[Wiktionary-l] Doing things we used to be able to do, in the new upgrade

Muke Tever muke at frath.net
Thu Dec 23 15:34:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:53:06 -0800, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> I've created a <charinsert> extension which produces the little
> javascript inserter bits for the characters you feed it. This can be
> used in wikitext, such as the 'copyrightwarning' messages which was
> previously HTML.

Hmm, it doesn't seem to work properly.
On la: I click the y-breve (which is two unicode characters, y and combining
breve) and I get: y%CC%86%CC%86

If I click the o-breve (only one character) I get: %C5%8F

But it only seems to do this in Opera, as I just checked in Firefox and it
works okay.

[Of course, the insert feature didn't really work in Opera to begin with;
clicking to insert a character inserts it in a text field between the
edit toolbar and the main article-editing text area, from whence it can
be easily copied and pasted--Firefox doesn't even have this text field;
I was surprised at how much easier inserting characters was, the first time
I tried it.]

	*Muke!
--
website:     http://frath.net/
LiveJournal: http://kohath.livejournal.com/

FrathWiki, a conlang and conculture wiki:
http://wiki.frath.net/