[Wiktionary-l] Doing things we used to be able to do, in the new upgrade

cookfire cookfire at softhome.net
Tue Dec 21 14:38:02 UTC 2004

Muke Tever wrote:

> All right, I found one thing:
> The page that was at [[Wiktionary:Recentchanges]] (which on en: for
> example
> was a list of useful links, and a short list of requested articles)
> has been
> superseded by [[MediaWiki:Recentchangestext]].
>
> Now, you help me. :p  It used to be that a few wiktionaries edited
> [[MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning]] to allow users to click and insert
> necessary
> special characters... but it seems it is no longer possible to insert
> the script
> (/style/wikibits.js) to allow this. Is there a workaround, or a better
> way to do
> it now, or will it just have to revert to a copy-and-paste plain-text
> list?
>
>     *Muke!

Yesterday night I have worked for more than 2 hours to get the special
characters nicely in a html table. Today, I find it is overwritten. My
edits are still in the history, but it doesn't matter whether I change
MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning or Sjabloon:Copyrightwarning (sjabloon is
Dutch for template). I never see the javascript stuff to allow the
insertion of accented characters. So what is going on? The accented
characters as I was making them, would allow the easy insertion of
accented characters in French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Turkish,
Romanian, Esperanto and a lot of other languages and I had just gotten
started on the IPA symbols. I was planning to introduce them to the
other Wiktionaries as well, as soon as I had them done nicely in
nl.wiktionary.org. Now they don't show up anymore. This is on the Dutch
Wiktionary, but apparently the same thing has happened on the other
Wiktionaries.
Polyglot