[Wikizh-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Wikipedias in China

shi zhao shizhao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:15:27 UTC 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Lih <andrew.lih at gmail.com>
Date: 2005-10-20 上午5:46
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Wikipedias in China
To: Tim Shell <wmf at timshell.com>, Michael Davis <mdavis at wikia.com>,
Angela <beesley at gmail.com>, jwales at wikia.com, Anthere
<anthere9 at yahoo.com>, cathyma at gmail.com, shizhao at gmail.com

Another confirmation from a friend at a college campus in Guangdong:

Wikipedia has always been reachable from home. I just tried the main
English language site, as well as the WTO entry in English and the
Chinese language site, and none of them are coming through. The
computer opens up a browser window and searches, and I get the message
"Connecting to (the site)" and then a few minutes later I get the
message "Operation timed out while trying to reach (the site)." I'll
try again from the office today, as well as a little later in the day
from my home, and I'll let you know if I get anything different.