[Wikisource-l] Wikisource have a new logo?English translation

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 15:55:48 UTC 2006

Here my very weak attempt in translating until somonee
better comes a long

--- Luiz Augusto <lugusto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for writing only in Portuguese. I'm so
> strongly wikitired to try to
> use my en-1 level to full translate this to English.
>
> No multilingual wikisource, vi uma discussão longa e
> confusa com propostas
> para um novo logotipo para o Wikisource.

 In the multilingual wikisource, I saw a long and
cofused quarrel about a propasal for a new logo for
Wikisource.

No entanto,
> hoje, após me logar na
> edição em língua portuguesa do projeto, me deparo
> com um novo logotipo.

However today, after logging into the Portuguese
language of the project, I came across a new logo.

> Trata-se apenas do logo antigo, mas, como um desenho
> e de formato
> arredondado.

It is only treated{derivative version ?) of the old
one, but, as a drawing and with a rounded off format.

Onde foi votado pela permanência de tal
> logo?

Where it was  the vote to permanenly adopt this logo?

Em lugar algum.

In what place.

> Permitam-me prosseguir com minhas perguntas.

Allow me to continue with questions of my own.

O que
> esse logotipo "novo" tem
> a ver com a proposta do projeto?

What does this "new" logo have to do with the proposal
of the project?

A idéia para isso
> ser usado em um logotipo
> era válida apenas enquanto se chamava Project
> Sourceberg.

The idea of this logo used be valid only while it was
called  Project Sourceberg.

Uma esfera com um
> iceberg dentro não está nada ligada à idéia de um
> acervo em GFDL de textos
> importantes para a cultura humana.

A sphere with one iceberg inside is not nothing to do
with the idea of a quantity of important GFDL texts
for  human culture.

Mas, mesmo assim,
> adotou-se o novo
> logotipo, para todos os idiomas, em uma discussão
> que surge do nada
> ignorando-se discussões anteriormente feitas.

But, more exactly, the new logo was sdopted for all
languages, in a quarrel the appears to do nothing
ingnoring previosly existing quarrels.

> Me desculpem, mas, me sinto extremamente
> desconfortável com esse tipo de
> atitude.

Forgive me, but, I myself feel very discomforted? with
this type of attitude.

O projeto não é feito apenas por alguns.

The project is not made only by some.

> Deveria ter ocorrido uma
> votação, para que todos os que fazem o projeto
> pudessem ter se manifestado.

There must be a vote, so that all the people who work
on the project can reveal their opinions.

> Isso me soa como algo tirânico e ditatorial,
> infelizmente.

This sounds unhappily to me as something tyranical and
dictatorial.

> Desculpem-me pelo desabafo em língua portuguesa.

Forgive me for the relief of (writing in?) the
potugese language.

> Luiz Augusto, [[meta:User:555]], sysop in
> ptwikipedia and sysop-bureaucrat
> in ptwikisource

This was done using a translator tool but I took great
liberties based on what spanish I know.  I appologize
for any error

BirgitteSB