[Wikipedia-l] kid safe

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 17 23:46:20 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now, review and compare
>
> http://encyclopedia.kids.net.au/page/ma/Masturbation
>
> and
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masturbation

Having shorter, instructional texts about sexual behavior that are
written specifically for adolescents would actually be a good thing.
But that is perhaps something for Wikibooks/Wikijunior to work on. Sex
ed is not something we should stay away from because it could ruffle
some feathers. It is in fact (referring to broader sexual practices)
critically important in areas where AIDS is widespread and sexual
activity among teens is common. Well-illustrated free content safe sex
guides in all languages could make a real difference.

As for masturbation, it's of course exactly the kind of thing you
should learn when you're still young. ;-)
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.