[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 17 21:17:34 UTC 2006

> I certainly would believe that a large high-quality GFDLed collection
> could generate real income by charging for releases under licenses
> which are more comforting and standard to various industries.  I doubt
> that the income would be enough to offset the substantial cost of
> digitizing and collecting such works.

The GFDL should absolutely not be used for non-textual content.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.