[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

henna hennar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:41:12 UTC 2006

> Till Westermayer wrote:
> > On the "dream" thread: putting 100.000.000 $ as stock in a foundation
> > will result in 1.000.000 $ or something per year to spend -- why not
> > use it that way?
>
> Well the point is not an unrestricted gift, though that is fun to think
> about too.  The point is not political lobbying, though that is fun to
> think about too. :-)
>
> The point is: suppose someone wanted to buy $100,000,000 of existing
> copyrighted material and set it free.  What should it be?

geographical data and/or images
(spring to mind, several copyrighted buildings, other works of art,
people not all countries have pd for their government produces works
:( (and not all ppl get to meet the US president to produce pd photos)

henna

--
"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"