[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:42:05 UTC 2006

> I would like to gather from the community some examples of works you
> would like to see made free, works that we are not doing a good job of
> generating free replacements for, works that could in theory be
> purchased and freed.
>
> Dream big.  Imagine there existed a budget of $100 million to purchase
> copyrights to be made available under a free license.  What would you
> like to see purchased and released under a free license?
>
> Photos libraries? textbooks? newspaper archives? Be bold, be specific,
> be general, brainstorm, have fun with it.

One of Wikipedia's big weaknesses is a lack of free images of leaders,
entertainers, and other notable individuals between 1923 and about the
mid 1990s.  If a collection of such images (news archives, maybe?)
were made available, it would provide a major boost to Wikipedia and
potential content re-users.

--
Mark
[[en:User:Carnildo]]