[Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Oct 16 16:19:13 UTC 2006

Roger Luethi wrote:
> That comparison is misleading. The real comparison is with the money "our"
> side is spending now. The battle over software patents in Europe showed
> that the better arguments have a fair chance of winning against monied
> interests if you can get your arguments heard. And there's no shortage of
> good arguments in this case.

Right.  So one of the things I am hearing loud and clear is that our
community would generally like to see more money spent on lobbying
efforts for copyright reform.  That is a point very well taken.

However, our task at the moment is not to dream about _that_ per se, but
rather to dream about what kinds of work under existing copyright, we
would like to see made free.  There have been many good suggestions, and
I welcome more.

--Jimbo