[Wikipedia-l] Mywikipediaspace

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Mon Oct 2 05:10:59 UTC 2006

>As I said, I sincerely doubt most (any) Myspace members have read the  Terms
>of Service, I can assure you that they are far more substantial  than our own
>Terms of Service. Personally, I hope that the Board rectifies  this.
>
>Danny

I think this would be impossible. I signed up, like many, to certain
''terms of service'' and now all of a sudden they would get changed
after 3+ years of actively participating. I feel that you would open up
a Pandora's box if you did that. I am not a lawyer but I could see that
my edits which I contributed under the previous term of service I would
now actually have to give you permission again to keep them on the site
or else I would be able to have them withdrawn, because I wouldn't agree
to you using them under the new terms of service. Can you imagine the
chaos from this?

Also you say you sincerely doubt that people read the terms of service
...... that is true most probably because they are to long and written
in legalish. A language only known to a few people and not to poor
Englishspeakers like myself. So what would be the use of new terms of
service that no-one would read and if they read it they wouldn't
understand it anyway. Leaving the board in a position to do what they
want when they want it. I am sure many including myself didn't get
involved on the projects just to start having a big brother being able
to yank us of at will and still use our years of sweat we put into this.
Speaking for myself if such a thing would happen I would pursue every
legal way possible to get all of my edits removed from the projects.

Waerth