[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia Statistics

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sun Nov 19 18:07:26 UTC 2006

I'm working on the cleanup right now.
I wrote a script for it.

csv files are cleaned up now.
html files still contain private wiki data.

This week new counts have been generated from recent dumps (as often wp:en:
is lagging behind).
Hope to start reports job today to produce clean and up to date html files.
I'll post on wikitech when all if finished.

Some background on what had happened:
Someone created a new wiki and forgot to mark it as confidential.
Wikistats job process all wikis listed in several *.dblist files in
/home/wikipedia/commons
So the new wiki was included automatically.
Hence confidential article titles were browsable through the ZeitGeist
feature.

(Brion, wikimania2007 is in wikipedia dblist, I'd expect it in
special.dblist, anyway all mania dumps are now excluded)

I'll rather not do this cleaning up job a second time, from now on I'll use
copies of dblists and sync updates on those manually every now and then.

Erik Zachte