[Wikipedia-l] Policy draft: Wikimedia projects are not the place for national constitution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 11:27:12 UTC 2006

Hoi,
Please refrain from misrepresenting what I said. The notion of what is a
language has been often defined as "a dialect with a navy/army". Another
nice saying "To the victor all the spoils". I have already mentioned
that Cyrillic Moldovan /is /and /will /be continued to be supported as
being distinct from standard Romanian in future standards. This gives
ample scope for the continued existence of the http://mo.wikipedia.org.
This scope is strengthened by the continued harassment / aggression
against the contributors of this wikipedia.

When you want to achieve some sort of cooperation, /you /will first have
first to reach out with an olive branch of peace. You will have to
demonstrate your good intentions and disprove that the wish for
integration is political in word and deed. To make it a real challenge
not only you but the whole http://ro.wikipedia.org community has to
become inclusive. Having opportunities to integrate are imho unlikely to
be successful at this time because I would not hesitate to predict that
a forcefully combined "community" will find all kinds of "reasonable"
arguments to decide in majority and thereby prove to be anything but a
community that has come together in one project.

Thanks,
    GerardM